“Unless we base our sense of identity upon the truth of who we are, it is impossible to attain true happiness”
I’ve wanted to do a little ‘About Me’ post for a while to give you guys a chance to know a little bit more about me and see a more personal side to this blog. I’ve almost reached a milestone of 100 followers which might not seem like a lot to many of you but to me it’s amazing; I never really thought I’d get this far and to be honest I didn’t think I’d follow through on this for this long.
In honour of this, I’ve decided to lay down 20 facts about myself to break down the wall between me and my gorgeous followers who take the time to read my rambling, scrappy posts. Also, I want to say a massive thank you to everyone who does follow me, I love you all xxx
So here we go!
- My name is Daisy Daniella Jacqueleine Ashcroft, a 20 year old blogger based in the UK
- I go to university at UCL in London to study Spanish and Italian and after a pretty shaky start I really really love it
- I want to be a language teacher when I’m older and think that languages are so important- it’s pretty sad how enthusiastic I am about linguistics
- My favourite season is autumn; I love the colours, I love how you can still wear dresses with tights and cute boots, I love the smells of bonfires, and I love that it is around my birthday! (November)
- I have recently bought 2 mini lop bunnies who are absolutely adorable and ridiculously fluffy, I’ll do a blog post on photos of them soon because I have tonnes
- I have two younger siblings- an 8 year old sister called Hunter and a 5 year old brother called Wren. They’re complete terrors when they’re together but can be really sweet…. sometimes!
- I’ve never seen the film Grease. Sorry.
- I LOVE GAME OF THRONES; KHALEESI IS MY ABSOLUTE QUEEN!!!!!!
- I’ve been with my boyfriend Tom for almost 3 years and grow happier every day. Well, mostly!
- When I graduate from university, if I get a 2:1 or a First, I’ve been promised a miniature sausage dog as they’re my favourite type of dog besides a Pomeranian.
- I’m an avid reader in English, Spanish and Italian and if I’m ‘in the zone’ it can take just a day to read an average sized book.
- My favourite fashion brands are H&M and Forever21 and my favourite makeup brands are Benefit and Two Faced – pretty packaging is my downfall!
- I used to be scared of sleeping when I was in high school and got about an hour a night, falling asleep during my break and lunch hour instead. Now though I looooooove my bed!
- I am obsessed with Instagram, I could spend hours scrolling through beautiful feeds and making mine look pretty. I love setting up the perfect composition for a photo! I’ve recently gone back to a pink and pretty theme and will be doing a blog post on themes for Insta pretty soon.
- I went to Paris for Valentine’s Day last year and went to Disneyland Paris & cried 6 times; full on streaming, thick hot tears of happiness. It’s the most magical place ever.
- I was a vegetarian for 8 years, from the age of 10 to 18, and still don’t really eat much meat especially at university when I don’t have money to spend on it; veggie student food allll the way!
- I’ve travelled extensively in my life and my favourite place on earth is probably Thailand, but before everyone else started to go there and it was still a little group of islands; our house is on Koh Samui and I absolutely adore it. I also love London and Sydney as places to live.
- I’ve lived in South Africa and Canada before and have moved around the UK about 7 times- in fact we’re getting ready to move yet again at the end of next month!
- Despite being domesticated in the kitchen, I still have no idea how to iron and get my clothes sent off to a professional lady to be done because I’m helpless.
- I adore baking cupcakes and cakes in my spare time and am thinking about starting up a business to sell them for parties and events.
So there you have it!
It’s pretty difficult to condense a bio of yourself down to 20 facts, especially because you don’t want to make yourself sound too boring or too anything really. I wanted this post to be as interesting as a list of facts could be, and I hope that anyone who reads this found it insightful? Hopefully I’ll start making more personal posts rather than just reviews and recipes.
Thank you for your support and here’s to the next milestone!